The HydroStop® replaces flimsy rubber flappers with a sturdy tower, it is engineered to eliminate the most common toilet problems. Unlike the angled, floating close of a flapper, the HydroStop® drops vertically and solidly onto the flush valve opening to create a better seal and eliminate the possibility of leaks. The EPA estimates that 20% of all toilets leak up to 200 gallons of water a day, mostly because of faulty flappers. While ordinary flappers are connected to the handle with a thin chain that is subject to improper tension tangles and breakage, the HydroStop® features a durable stainless steel cable that is stronger, lasts longer and is less likely to break. The HydroStop® also features patented S.T.O.P. Technology (Safe Toilet Overflow Protection) that helps prevent bowl overflows. In the event of a clog, lifting up on the handle immediately drops the HydroStop® tower and closes the flush valve so that water does not continue to drain from the tank into the bowl.
- Handle activates spring loaded S.T.O.P. Technology to immediately prevent overflows
- Eliminates the guesswork about buying the right type and size of flapper
- Permafit silicone seal is chemical resistant and will not warp
- Drop-in installation with no tools or tank removal needed
- Lighttouch™ Handle allows for an easier flush
- Fits standard 2″ to 2-1/2″ flush valves