The HydroStop replaces flimsy rubber flappers with a sturdy tower, it is engineered to eliminate the most common toilet problems. Unlike the angled, floating close of a flapper, the HydroStop drops vertically and solidly onto the flush valve opening to create a better seal and eliminate the possibility of leaks. The EPA estimates that 20% of all toilets leak up to 200 gallons of water a day, mostly because of faulty flappers. While ordinary flappers are connected to the handle with a thin chain that is subject to improper tension tangles and breakage, the HydroStop features a durable stainless steel cable that is stronger, lasts longer and is less likely to break. The HydroStop also features patented S.T.O.P. Technology (Safe Toilet Overflow Protection) that helps prevent bowl overflows. In the event of a clog, lifting up on the handle immediately drops the HydroStop tower and closes the flush valve so that water does not continue to drain from the tank into the bowl.
- ELIMINATES LEAKY TOILET FLAPPER: Engineered to eliminate the most common toilet problem of a leaky flapper by it’s robust design
- COMPATIBILITY: Easily adjust to work with newer and older toilets. Fits most front, side, and angle mount toilets with standard 2″ to 2-1/2″ flush valves. Does not fit Mansfield toilets.
- STOPS OVERFLOWS: Toilet handle activates spring loaded S.T.O.P. Technology to immediately prevent overflows
- NO-TOOL INSTALLATION: Drop-in installation requires no tools or tank removal needed
- DURABLE MATERIAL: Permafit silicone seal is chemical resistant (avoids warping) and a steel cable stronger than a normal flapper chain