Plumbing 2016 for a Better Earth
2016 is a time of massive change, with global shifts in politics, culture, technology, business and more rapidly redefining the status-quo. One such trend that is picking up more and more momentum these days is the push to go “Green”.
According to a Green Industry Analysis by the folks at FranchiseHelp, 88% of Americans believe taking care of the earth is very important and 71% of Americans at least consider the environment as a factor when shopping. Consequently, businesses around the world are responding to the desires of consumers and hopping on the Green bandwagon.
At Danco, we have embraced this ethos wholeheartedly! We are determined to facilitate substantial beneficial change for our planet and become a wholly eco friendly company and business.
We pursue this mission, to save resources and reduce our carbon-footprint, by providing our customers with two things: eco-friendly products and DIY plumbing guides.
In our 6000 sq/ft Innovation Center, a dedicated team of industrial designers, mechanical engineers and electrical engineers spend their days researching and designing the high-quality, eco-friendly products made readily and easily available to our customers. Check out the following water-saving plumbing parts for some ideas on how to bring the green movement to your own home!
- Water-Saving Aerator Series – According to the EPA, installing faucet aerators is the single most effective water-saving plumbing change you can make! Compared to standard faucets, which allow a water flow of up to 2.2 gallons-per-minute (GPM), our sink faucet adapter and aerator options reduce water flow up to 89%! Check out our whole line of eco friendly aerator options, from the extreme water-saving 0.25 GPM aerator to the Microban-protected 1.5 GPM option.
- HydroClean Water-Saving Toilet Fill Valve – This fill valve saves water by using only the exact amount of water needed in the tank. It also alerts you when a leak is detected!
- Watersaver Flush Valve for Mansfield – Specifically designed for Mansfield toilets, this flush valve will save you water and money by repairing your leaky toilet.
- HydroRight Plus Dual-Flush Converter – This converter allows you to easily convert any toilet into a dual-flush system. The water-saving quick flush setting, which uses significantly less water, can be used 80% of the time for paper and liquids, and solids can be flushed with the full-flush setting. This product alone can save you thousands of gallons of water and hundreds of dollars each year! Make sure to check out the other dual-flush options also available on our site.
Eco-Friendly DIY Guides
Our founding mission at Danco was to empower customers with the knowledge and skills to take plumbing into their own hands. We’re able to seamlessly integrate this mission into our passion for a better planet by providing our customers with water-saving plumbing tips and DIY faucet plumbing and repair training videos!
Here are a few you can check out right now:
- Installing a Sink Faucet Adapter and Aerator
- How to Repair a Leaky Two-Handle Faucet
- How to Fix a Leaky Tub/Shower Faucet
- How to Change a Kitchen Sink Spray
Make sure to check out our How-To Center for more toilet and faucet plumbing and repair guides.
With the skills these guides and videos will provide, and some of the eco-friendly toilet and faucet parts showcased above, you can transform your home to a Green home in no time.