Mother’s Day Surprise! DIY Fixes to Help Your Mom
Not sure what to get your mom for Mother’s Day this year? Why not do something practical and heartfelt—like fixing or updating her kitchen plumbing fixtures? Unclogging a drain or fixing a leaky faucet in her home is a great way to show her that you care. These DIY plumbing repairs will not only show your care on this special day, but these repairs will give her peace of mind all year long. Don’t know where to start? Here are some ideas:
Check the kitchen for leaky faucets
Is there a leaky faucet in your mom’s house? With the new Danco Partfinder, you can easily find the parts you need to fix it. If you’re not sure what the part is called, take a photo of it with your phone, review and select the recommended parts from the search results, and click ‘shop now’ to get the part.
Danco has a wide range of faucet repair and replacement parts including supply lines, cartridges, stems, and other unseen essential parts that will restore a leaky faucet into perfect working condition.
Upgrade the look of her kitchen fixtures
Is your mom’s kitchen looking a little dated? You might want to take care of the upgrade for her.
Give her all the great kitchen accessories that she has always wanted—such as a stylish and modern soap dispenser in a brushed nickel, chrome, white, or oil rubbed bronze finish, with a curved or straight nozzle.
- Adding or updating the side sprayer can also make a huge difference in the look of her kitchen. Danco’s universal pullout spray head should fit most sink fixtures and it comes in chrome, white, and brushed nickel to match your mother’s kitchen sink.
- You can also check out the EasySpray kitchen sink spray accessory attachment which comes with a 3-ft hose and a quick-connect aerator adapter that can connect with an existing faucet. The Kitchen Side Spray is another great option that comes in brushed nickel and chrome and has a stylish design that your mom is sure to love.
You can even change the faucet handles to give a splash to your mom’s kitchen sink!
- New faucet handles will give your mom’s sink an updated look. A cross-arm handle will give the faucet a custom look. Danco has a 2-pack in a variety of finishes with everything you need for a no-hassle install, so you can change the faucet handles in time for dinner!
If your mom is often dealing with foul smells in the kitchen, the disposal could be to blame.
- Easily blast away clogs caused by rotten food and other debris in the disposal using Clear-It Drain Opener and Water Jet. It’s an all-around cleaning tool that can also be used on the deck, patio, driveway, for getting under eaves and hard-to-clean places, and to clean sports equipment & golf clubs.
- Or you can simply clean the disposal with the Brush.It Garbage Disposal Cleaning Brush and Disposal Genie II Combo. It will clear bacteria build-up, too. Just add soap in the soap well in the splash guard and start scrubbing. Don’t worry, it won’t get tangled in the blades. Then follow up with the Disposal Genie II to prevent other small food particles and non-food items from falling down the drain.
Prevent unwanted debris from getting into drains
Aside from food particles, other types of debris and dirt usually end up in the drain. And they can accumulate and cause slow-moving drains and clogs. It may be time to update to the Disposal Genie II Garbage Disposal Strainer and Stopper. The updated sleek and modern design comes in six different colors, including fuchsia.
Sinktacular Sink Strainer & Stopper is another option for your mom’s kitchen and garbage disposal sinks. Turn the strainer clockwise to fill the sink with water, and counterclockwise to activate the strainer, which will catch particles while letting water flow freely down the drain.
Find everything you need at Danco
Find all the products you will need to surprise mom on Mother’s Day at Danco. We’ll help you find the right parts and help you save some money on your kitchen update project.